Saturday, February 12, 2011

was machst du gern?

I feel like I haven't done anything in the last couple of weeks, but a lot has happened. I visited Hamburg with a couple of friends (we took the train using a five-person schönes Wochenende pass) and have been getting ready for Midterms.

Hamburg was amazing, though rainy. We got there on Saturday morning and it was already pouring. Walked around, went to the museum of Arts and Crafts and .. went out during the night. Nightlife in Hamburg is different than Berlin - I feel like it was done earlier. We also didn't make it to the Red Light District, which is a must in Hamburg. How sad.

What's interesting is that I found myself really homesick for Berlin when we were in Hamburg. Berlin is now "home." I have a feeling that Spring Break will be a similar experience. I'll really enjoy it, but I'll be ready for Berlin when it is all over.

Speaking of Spring Break, I am going to Lithuania and Latvia! I can't wait to see Riga and explore whatever is in the area. No particular plans are set (which is bad, considering we fly out the 18th) but I think either way it will be really fun. I can't wait for it!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Lithuania and Latvia! Interesting choices. Can't wait to hear all about them!

    ReplyDelete